Monday, September 27, 2010

Bits and Pieces


Surprise, surprise...I'm behind on my blog. So, here's a little picture post with what I've been up to this past week. Last weekend was the music festival called "Label Suisse," which I went to on Friday night with a bunch of Herve's friends while he was away playing Chinese emperor. Prune, Antoine, and I (in the picture) started off by seeing Gotham Project and then later in the night we were joined by Fabienne, Sylvain, Helena, Mathilde and Mermoud. I had a fantastic time and though Herve had jokingly told his friends to babysit me while he was gone, I almost felt like Antoine really was: he walked around with me for almost half an hour trying to figure out when the "pygama" bus was leaving and whether it could take me home (the last metro home is around 12:15, so I would have had to leave really early if not for the pygama bus) and then later at night took me to the bus stop, and waited for another 30 minutes for me to get on the bus even after we were sure we were in the right place and the bus would come.
The next night, I hung out with some exchange students I had met at the EPFL welcome day and we saw a little of Label Suisse and what we thought would be a pyrotechnics show (but turned out to be more of a little country fair for kids). Hanging out with the exchange students was fun, though they were so much more lost and disorganized than Herve's friends and we ended up just riding back and forth on the metro 4 times in one night.
On Sunday, I had some time to catch up on work and relax before having a picnic with the exchange students by the lake in Ouchy. In the picture, I'm with Alejandra, an exchange student from Mexico, who I met at the life sciences orientation, and her friend Elizabeta, an exchange student from the Flemish part of Belgium.
On Monday, which was a national bank holiday, I started off the day with a delicious brunch at Fabienne's apartment that Fabienne and Antoine had prepared. They had made crepes, croissants, a yogurt parfait and it was probably one of the best, biggest, and longest brunch/breakfasts I had ever had (we got there at 11Am and stayed until 3PM). After "brunch," we took a walk around Lausanne for a few hours and headed home. More pictures coming later!

No comments:

Post a Comment